Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Just Make it Up

Yesterday I sat down to have a typical political argument with a hard core. My hard core friend told me "Obama is a Muslim plant". Hard core told me Obama was a secret plant by the Muslims in their war against the U.S. Stunned I asked him if he really believed this? "Yes", he said. Figuring this was the next urban legend I asked where the information came from. Hard core admitted he just made it up. This gave me great relief. For awhile I thought Hard Core was in much worse mental condition than many right wingers are. Of course when I walked in Hard Cores office he was listening to Rush Limbaugh. Now anyone can see how urban legends are started. Some simple minded hard core just makes up a story they like, and the next hard core believes it without asking where the information came from. Magic rays emit from the Limbaugh show that neutralize the neurons in the brain. This is my urban legend, pass it on.

No comments: