Thursday, June 05, 2008

Racism and Religion, and the super stupid


Racism is alive and doing well in our country. Speaking with people I am perpetually amazed by the number of people who so readily say " I could not vote for a black, or a woman". What really pisses me off are the people who say this and think they are great Christians. One reason I am very sour on Christianity, and all religion for that matter is the meek nonsense put out by preachers. If a preacher had an once of God in him, he would tell his congregation that racism and religion don't mix. The gutless wimps that preach every Sunday don't have the balls to lay down the rules to the people who are paying them. The number of people who think it is just fine to go to church and see themselves as superior to blacks and women is just mind boogling. Most of the time I send you to the New York Times, but today read Richard Cohen in the Bismarck Tribune. Cohen says "Those voters don't even know enough to lie....". He is talking about the people who so openly expose their ignorance by admitting race is the reason they will not vote for Obama. These people are going to get exactly what they deserve.
Yesterday as I wandered out to the work site, I thought I saw someone I recognized. It was an old coal mine friend. Somehow we got on the topic of the election and what a hopeless waste the Republicans are. My friend who is old fashioned hillbilly dumb said his son was going to vote Republican, because Obama would take our guns away. Super dumb said to his son " My guns have already been taken away, so I am voting Democratic". Stunned his son said "Who took your guns away?" Dad replied to son " You did you got all my guns". Sometimes you can be so dumb that you vision becomes clear. The whole thing reminded me of what idiots we are. One more time the Republicans are going to use the old Guns, Gays, and God crap. It will probably work.

No comments: