Friday, August 21, 2026

Don't Ever Rent from Budget

After a long flight from Phoenix to Pittsburg I went to the Budget Car rental counter to pick up a Toyota Tacoma. I needed the truck with four wheel drive because I was going to visit a difficult place to get to in the hills of West Virginia. My mission was to go to a memorial for my older brother who recently died. 

When I arrived at the Budget counter there was a long line of frustrated people waiting to get cars. After about an hour it was my turn. The Budget people explained some employees did not show up for work, so they were understaffed. I was then told the truck I reserved was not available and I could not get a truck. Budget assigned me a car. After I made the trip to the garage where I was to pick up the car I again found people waiting. It was a warm day and everyones frustration was increasing with the poor service.  After another frustrating wait the manager of the car dispersement system told another pissed off customer that he would award them two free days of rental. Next I asked him for the same treatment. He agreed. 

I expected Budget to honor what he said, but later found out Budget had no intention of honoring what the man said. I corresponded with Budget and was told I needed proof the man made that deal. How in the hell would I prove it. I had no idea that at the time I should have told the man " Put that in writing".  I was already two hours late because of Budget's poor service, now I have to fight them? 

Budget has a simple way to get the proof they need. Budget can call Budget at the Pittsburg airport and ask the man who made the promise. Simple, but no the cheap bastards want to screw me. 

No comments: